Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The End


So it looks like this will be the last post from wiseonlienshopping.blogspot.com as marketing 1552 comes to an end. While it was fun I’ll leave you with some of the things I learned about blogging & what a difference it can make.

Online shopping sites already have different standards & characteristics than traditional stores, for this reason a blog is especially important for an online company. Your audience is already online, but what adds personality, credibility, loyalty and a face to a brand? Blogs...

I won’t preach but showing that you’re the expert and a real person on the other end is what will incline your customers to build a relationship with you (one way or not) and develop some sort of emotional connection – as price tags only do a certain amount of talking LOL. 

This was my first ever blog and from experience I can pass on the following information.
1.       Naming your blog (keep it simple, unique & memorable) you want people to remember it without having to bookmark the link... I have regrets on this one...Sometimes you think you wrote a really good post and no one comments – and then another time you think it’s mediocre and there’s lots of activity. Research your audience & evaluate your writing style to adjust and give your fans what they want without losing your style in the process. The hardest thing for me is cutting down the length – but it’s important.

2.       Use the tools that are free and readily available. Comment on other bloggers blogs, invite guest bloggers, build relationships and use social media platforms that share your content with a wide audience!

3.       Lastly, as tough as it was to make a video blog post there’s lots of potential to go viral and visuals are always appealing. By sharing your video on applicable platforms you may finally get the exposure you were looking for!



Lastly, this blog has helped me get over my fear of writing my personal thoughts in public and inspired me to start a “real” blog LOL. This one is for class but I’m the process of starting a blog that tracks daily weird, stupid, funny and strange moments that make me stop and think... If you enjoyed my writing style throughout the semester check out mangledmoments.com in a couple of weeks and I should be set up J

No comments:

Post a Comment